Image Map

Monday, December 1, 2014

Ecosystems and Food Chains!

I was going through pictures on my phone and realized I never posted pictures from our ecosystems and food chains unit.  This is one of my favorite science units. We start the unit by discussing what an ecosystem is and then we create our own! We make a simple woodland habitat in 2-liter bottles. This year a local nursery was generous enough to donate spider plants for us to use in our project!


When we got to talking about food chains and food webs, the students created their own. The students had fun researching what animals eat in order to complete their food webs. 



To end our unit, we played our favorite "I Have, Who Has" game. We love "I Have, Who Has" games and they are a great way to review vocabulary terms. 

I Have, Who Has Ecosystems and Food Chains



No comments:

Post a Comment