Image Map

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Appy" Hour Linky Party-Educreations

Today I went to a workshop that my principal had asked me to attend. Honestly, I didn't really want to go, but I'm glad I did! I learned a lot, and I'm excited to try some of the stuff I learned.  I will share more on what I learned later, but for now I want to share an app that the speaker today discussed. 

I was super excited to see that Tobi, from Shearer-ly Sadler 4th Grade was hosting an app linky party today, how perfect is that!


Has anyone heard of Educreations? It is an app that allows students and/or teachers to create presentations. The speaker showed us some examples of how she has had students use it for writing projects, especially for students who have trouble actually writing their thoughts. This program allows students to speak and then it records them. It also lets them draw pictures or add pictures from a computer to whatever they are speaking about.  The speaker said she has used it herself as a tool to present lessons. The website also has videos that other teachers have posted on various topics that could be shown to students. Unfortunately, I do not have an Ipad for my classroom but the website says that this program will also work through a Smartboard. 

I have not personally used this program yet, but I can see how it could be used in a lot of different ways. I'm excited to give it a try and will definitely post any projects I create! What apps for the classroom have you discovered?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up!!! I am going to check this app out and see what I can do with it! Thanks again for the link up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our instructional coach showed me this app recently. I just finished conferences, so now I actually have some time to check it out. I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing what you think.

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete