Image Map

Monday, December 4, 2017

Ecosystems!

We are just finishing up our science unit on Ecosystems, and I wanted to share some of the resources that I use when teaching this unit. A couple of these are my own resources, but most are from other teachers.  

The Science Penguin has awesome resources! I actually purchased her bundle of science PowerPoints and notes but here is a link to the Food Webs one that I use when teaching Ecosystems. It is interactive and great as a review before the test. 

Food Chains and Food Webs PowerPoint and Notes

This Biome Book by Hope King was a fun group project that required the students to do some research. I had students work in pairs and pick a Biome to research and create their project. Then each group had to teach the class about their Biome. When everyone was done, I took each project and created a class book. I wish I would have taken a picture of the final project because it turned out great! 

My Biome Book

My students love Deb Hanson's partner plays and it just so happens she has a set of Biomes partner plays! 

Partner Plays: Biomes

To end the unit, I like to use my set of task cards and "I have, who has" game to review for the test. 

I Have, Who Has Ecosystems and Food Chains

Ecosystems and Food Chains Task Cards

I would love to hear your favorite Ecosystem resources!


No comments:

Post a Comment