Image Map

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daily 5

I decided on trying Daily 5 and CAFE this year. Practically EVERY blog I read talks about the Daily 5, so I decided it must be pretty good! We have been in school four weeks now and both the students and I LOVE Daily 5. I will say it took a lot of training, but it was well worth it and things are now running very smoothly. The principal came in the other day and was very impressed at how everyone was on task and working quietly. I was over at Runde's Room reading her post on Daily 5 and she had some great ideas that I can't wait to use! She showed pictures of her student's reading journals where they keep track of each of the strategies taught in CAFE and also where they will write reflections on the strategies they use. She also shared a powerpoint that introduces Daily 5, which I will definitely use next year! Another great idea was her Comprehension Question Fans which has questions to ask about the different strategies that are studied in CAFE. I would love to use these when I work with small groups and have the students write answers in their journals. Do you use Daily 5 and/or CAFE? How does it work for you? I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment