Image Map

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fun Friday Habitat Project

I am linking up with Teaching Fourth's Fun Friday again this week!



This week we worked on a great project to learn about ecosystems. I combined two activity sets that I purchased on teacherspayteaches and created biome flipbooks. The idea and templates for the booklet came from Hope King's My Biome Book and I used the graphic organizers from Nicole Shelby's Food Chain Packet to first research each of the ecosystems. We used this website http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/world_biomes.htm to look up information. Nicole's packet also had some great ideas for food chain and food web activities that I plan on trying this coming week! Below is a picture of a finished project!

If you are learning about animals and need a review, I posted an Animal Jeopardy game that reviews the different groups of vertebrates on teacherspayteachers. You must have SMART Notebook to play the game though.

1 comment:

  1. Your biome flipbook looks great! I'm sure your students had a lot of fun making it! Thanks for linking up again this week! I hope to see you next week. I am planning some changes for Fun Friday, and I hope you will like it.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete