Image Map

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tried It Tuesday: Fraction Anchor Chart

As I was heading out the door to go to school today, I got a call from the school saying the whole town had no electricity so there would be no school!! Soooooo obviously I went right back to bed and yes it's 10:30 and I just woke up! Pathetic I know!

Anyways this now leaves me time to blog! I'm linking up today with Fourth Grade Flipper's Tried It Tuesday Linky


I have finally jumped on the anchor chart bandwagon. I have always loved the anchor charts I have seen other teachers make and decided to try my hand at my own.....let's be honest I just copied other anchor charts that I found on Pinterest.  Here is one I made for fractions at the end of last year. It's been so long that now I can't remember where the ideas came from. If this is your original design, please let me know and I will give you credit!! 


I was lucky enough last year to also get a set of fraction tiles for each student, so here are some pictures of my students comparing fractions!



Since we were waiting on getting a new math textbook last year, I struggled my way through math. When it came to the fraction unit, I totally relied on a packet created by Create, Teach, Share. This packet was awesome!

80+ Fraction Printables (CCSS Aligned)

I would love to see what you are trying in your classroom!

1 comment:

  1. I love the activities with the fraction tiles and I've added that product to my wish list! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your unexpected day off! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete