Image Map

Saturday, August 13, 2016

A New Idea!

I'm sure you all, like me, start the school year with new ideas that you can't wait to try out. Some of those ideas work out and others don't. Here is one of my ideas that I'm planning on trying this year: 


My idea started with begging my dad to cut my extra spiral notebooks in half. Luckily he agreed and they turned out perfectly! 
This year we have Chromebooks for every student and I am very excited about it! I plan on using these notebooks as a response log to NewsELA. Each day the students will have to read and respond to one NewsELA article. 
The students will respond to the articles by filling out a reader's notebook response page created by Michael Friermood

Reader's Notebook Response Pages for Informational Text *H

The completed response log will be glued into the spiral notebook. I plan on having a share time every Friday where students can talk about the articles they read throughout the week. I am thinking I will collect and grade these notebooks each Friday. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I recently discovered Newsela, but I haven't used it with my class yet. Thanks for sharing!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete