Image Map

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

First Annual Egg Drop!

I can remember doing an Egg Drop when I was in 5th grade and have thought about doing it with my 4th graders for a few years but never followed through. This year I convinced my team members to join in on the fun with me! Our students were given the task of creating a contraption that would protect a raw egg when dropped from the roof of the school. The students made their contraptions at home, and I was very impressed with their creative ideas when they brought their contraptions into school. 
The sheet that I sent home with students was a TpT freebie from Monster Sciences. You can click on the picture to take you to the project sheet. 

The Great Egg Drop Engineering Project
Below our some pictures from the day of the drop! We made the kids crack open their eggs after they were dropped to make sure we didn't have any cheaters (hard-boiled egg) and we didn't! 





The kids had a blast with this activity, and we will definitely be doing it again next year!




1 comment:

  1. I did this when I was in high school, but it never even crossed my mind to do this with my fifths! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete