Image Map

Friday, July 17, 2015

Rewind and Retell: A STEM Challenge

Today I am linking up with The Gypsy Teacher for her new linky called Rewind and Retell. This linky was created to share those ideas you tried during the school year but just didn't get around to blogging about yet! As I was going through pictures on my phone, I realized I have all sorts of events that I took pictures of and then never blogged aobut. 


Today I want to share with you a fun STEM Engineering Challenge my students participated in. I used the Sentence Strips challenge from a pack I purchased from Smart Chicks on TpT. 

STEM Engineering Challenge Projects ~ TEN PACK #1

I used a few of these challenge this past year, but not as many as I had wanted. I love that these challenges give students the opportunity for trial and error and to be creative! Students need to be able to think on their own and be able to problem solve. These STEM challenges are perfect for that! 

The Sentence Strips challenge was very simple. The only materials needed are a sentence strip and a textbook. The students have to figure out how to use just a sentence strip to hold a textbook up off of the ground. 

Here are some pictures of my students working on this challenge!






What are some of your favorite STEM challenges?





No comments:

Post a Comment