Image Map

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Project Funded! Wobble Chairs!

I was so excited to have my latest Donor's Choose project funded! I had seen other teacher bloggers blogging about the wobble chairs they had in their classrooms, and I knew I had to have them in mine!

My class was fortunate enough to receive 5 Kore Active Wobble Chairs. 

Kore Patented WOBBLE Chair, Active Sitting for Toddler, Pre-School, Kids, and Teens - The Chair That Rocks! - Made in the USA - Black - Teen (18in)

I love that these chairs allow my "active" students to get their wiggles out, without being a distraction to the rest of the class. These chairs have really proven to be a valuable resource.  I use these chairs at my guided reading table, and I also allow students to earn them as a reward. Even my students that actually really need the chairs, work hard to earn the reward of getting to put the stools at their desk for the day. 

Check out some pictures of  the stools in action!




Do you have these stools in your classroom? How are they working out for you? How do you decide who gets to use them? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!





3 comments:

  1. I want to start a Donors Choose project for some of these! What height did you order for your 4th graders? Do you have rules for them? Any problems with behavior management?

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want wobble chairs! I've never used Donors Choose, but I think it really need to do it. Thanks for sharing!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received 5 chairs from a Donor's Choose project as well! I love them and so do the kids (1st graders)! I use them at my guided work table so the kids use them during guided math, writing conferences, and guided reading. I haven't had to make many rules with them. If kids are constantly falling off or being crazy, then I would. So far the school year has gone with using them and the kids know that they can be taken away if needed.

    Congrats on your chairs!
    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete