Image Map

Monday, May 20, 2013

Must Have Mondays!

I found a new linky party that sounded like fun, so I am linking up with Teaching with a Touch of Twang for her Must Have Mondays! This week I want to share something new that I used this year that was very useful. My school was lucky enough to have some extra money to purchase math manipulatives so my team decided on fraction sets for each student.
 
Fractions Hands-On Teaching Kit
 
We purchased these fraction kits from Lakeshore Learning. With the new Common Core standards, fractions are heavy in 4th grade. There is a lot of decomposing of fractions so these fraction kits were awesome. We used them every day for different hands-on activities.
 
What are some things you can't live without in your classroom? Link up with Must Have Mondays!
 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I adore Lakeshore and everything they make! I've seen those and their other personal manipulative pouches before and have always wondered how they held up. It's nice to know you love them! Might have to make an investment this summer ;o) I'm happy you found me and I'm glad to say I'm your newest follower!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Hands On Place Value kit from Lakeshore. I could really use the fraction set, too. I am adding it to my "must buy" list.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just at Lakeshore today but have never seen the individual fractions before. I need them! :) What are they made of? Plastic?

    Angie
    Teaching-with-class.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete