Image Map

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spark Student Motivation: Hallway Behavior

I don't know about any of you, but this past week was rough! My students and I both are ready for summer! Unfotunately, some of my students seem to think all of the rules we have had in place all year, don't apply the last month of school! So we are back to square one with hallway behavior. Starting Monday I am going to start my students with 30 minutes towards an afternoon recess on Friday. Anytime we are in the hallway and someone is talking, I am taking a minute off. I am hoping and praying that this will motivate the students to stay quiet in the hallway...so I don't have to get all grouchy again :) How are you surviving the last few weeks of school?
 
 
 
 
Don't forget to check out my 100 follower giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Feeling the exact same way over at my school- everyone is just so very ready for summer! Hope your recess-motivator works this week!
    Aylin

    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and I bet it will be very effective! As soon as you take away a few minutes they'll know you're serious! Then the pressure's on them! :O) Thanks Bethany for linking up and sharing!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a tough time in the hall lately too. It's all most summer...they know it and we know it too. :).
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallway behavior is one of my biggest pet peeves. I have a hall monitor for a class job that writes down names of anyone talking- and then they have to move a clip. (It's the only time they get to tattle- as hall monitor! LOL) It totally works - and my class is one of the best behaved in the hall. :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete