Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tried It Tuesdays: Brain Breaks

This week for Fourth Grade Flipper's Tried it Tuesday Linky I am going to share some of the brain breaks I have done recently with my students. My students absolutely love brains and it is a nice way to break up the long afternoons with no breaks. 
My first and favorite brain breaks are Third Grade Thought's Brain Breaks for the Classroom. She has a set of 65 different activities you can do in the classroom. Click on the picture below to check them out at her TPT store.
 
Brain Breaks for the Classroom
 
Now for my favorite Youtube brain break videos!
1. Koo Koo Kanga Roo Dance
 
2.  The Sid Shuffle
 

3. Madagascar I Like to Move It
 


4. Ice Age Walk the Dinosaur
 


5. Thriller Animation
 

What new things have you tried in your classroom? Link up with Tried it Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I *love* the brain break dances for waking students up and getting them moving around!! :) Definitely be saving these for my first and second hour classes!!
    Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great variety of videos and I had to pin it for reference later! I also added the brain breaks TPT product to my wish list. Thank you so much for sharing!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome and fun! We could all use a brain break from time to time. ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete