Image Map

Monday, May 27, 2013

Next Year I'm Definitely Going To.....

I am already on summer break and am already thinking about things I want to do differently next year. It just so happens that Finding Joy in 6th Grade is having her first linky party and the topic is "next year I'm definitely going to...."so I just had to link up!
 


I have talked a lot about how my school is really pushing differentiating in math next year. One way that I plan to do that is through pre/post testing. I purchased Ashleigh's Common Core Assessments for 4th grade and she has assessments that go along with each standard and she also has charts to keep track of  student scores. I not only want to use these charts for myself, but I also want the students to use them to track their own progress. I think this is a great way to hold students accountable and for them to be able to see their progress throughout the year.
I also want to keep up with tracking student data to use as evidence on my evaluations. Most importantly though, I want to use the data that I collect to help group my students for differentiation.
 
What are some things that you are already planning on doing differently next year? Link up with Finding Joy in 6th Grade!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I am so honored and tickled that you are the FIRST person to link up at my little party (I was a little afraid it would remain link-less!)

    Tracking student data is a great goal... I'll be working on that one too. I love your thoughts on differentiation as well. I'm inspired!

    Thanks again,
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracking student data is one of my goals for next year as well. :-) My 6th graders always used folders but I think I'll have my 5th graders use 1 inch binders next year as a portfolio / goal journal.

    Good luck with the rest of your year!
    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen’s Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do a ton of data tracking in my district. Where do you teach? I am in Texas.

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just reminded me of another goal I had in mind for next year which is having my students track their own grades and set goals for the upcoming week. I send test papers home each week and students are always looking at their tests and analyzing them. Next year I would like to staple a graph into their folders where they can track their grades and then reflect and set goals for the upcoming week's lessons and assessments.

    I am a new follower of your blog and a 4th grade teacher. Hope you will stop by my blog and check it out at ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great goal! I'm definitely interested in staying more on top of my data for my fourth graders and differentiating more in math, so I'll be curious to hear how it's going for you throughout the year.

    Excited to have found your blog through the linky!
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete