Image Map

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Project Funded, Interview, Edward Tulane

So many things to share....where do I start?? First of all so many bloggers have written about DonorsChoose.org and their successfully funded projects, so I decided to try it out. I posted a project request months ago and actually kind of forgot about it. I do not have Facebook, so I didn't do any advertising of my project and really didn't expect anything to come of it. Well.....I opened up my email today to see that my project had been funded! A retired teacher from Nevada funded my whole project! I can't wait to receive the novels I requested!! If you have been thinking about trying out Donorschoose.org, go for it!

 
Next up...I wrote about being unsure of my plans for next year in my April "Currently". I love the school I am at, but I am feeling a need for change and the 40 minute commute is getting old. A couple weeks ago I had heard of two 4th grade positions opening up in the district that I live. I applied thinking I didn't have a chance, and yesterday I got an unexpected call  from one of the principals. She interviewed me on the spot, I was a nervous wreck. I don't think I took a breath the whole time! I got off the phone and replayed every answer I gave and came to the conclusion that my answers were terrible! About an hour later I got a call from the asst. superintendent and he set up another interview for this coming week. I am already freaking out about it, I do not do well with interviews! Does anyone have any advice for me?? I was told I can bring anything I would like to share...any ideas there? Last year my class made a couple videos for different topics ....would that be appropriate to share?
 
 
And finally....my class has been reading the Miraculous Adventures of Edward Tulane the past couple weeks and we just looooove it. Such a cute story. I made a unit to go along with it. It's nothing fancy but has vocab and comprehension questions for each chapter, cause and effect, making connections, and inferring graphic organizers, and a storyboard project. You can check it out at my TPT store pr click the picture below if you are interested!
 



1 comment:

  1. Congrats and good luck!! I want to read Edward Tulane soon. One of my boys loves it!

    Hokie Teach

    ReplyDelete