Image Map

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Workshop Wednesday: Math Websites

Three cheers for another linky party! Can you tell I'm on Spring Break with nothing to do?? I have never posted this often before! So here I am linking up with another linky party....Ideas By Jivey's Workshop Wednesday.
The topic this week is math websites. I have tons of websites that I use regularly but I will narrow it down to my top three!

1. Sumdog is probably my student's favorite math practice site. It is is free and easy to set up. It is a fun site to work on basic facts. Sometimes as a class reward I put it up on the Smartboard and let everyone take turns playing.

. Free games to make math fun
 
2. Scootpad is another good site to work on math and reading. It is also free. The students don't think this site is as fun as Sumdog but it has excellent practice questions for all different topics. The questions are also aligned with Common Core. It tracks the students progress and the level of questions get harder as the students answer correct questions. The students can earn coins as they answer questions and then you can set prizes for coins earned, which the students think is pretty cool!
 

 
3. Xtramath is the perfect free site for working on mastery of basic facts. Again quick and easy to set up. This site also allows you to track student's progress.
 
XtraMath logo
 
There ya have it....my top three math websites! What websites do you use in your classroom?

7 comments:

  1. These look like fun!! Thanks for linking up! Can't wait to check them out!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sites - thanks for sharing! I'm off to check them out and save them to my bookmarks! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Scootpad, but I don't know extraMath-going to check it out! Excited to find another 4th grade blogger! I'm your newest follower-found you through the linky!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a subscription to Scootpad but didn't take the time to really set it up and see what it had to offer. You've inspired me to give it another look :)

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like great sites! I must take a closer look... Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I am excited to try these sites out!
    Heather
    Mrsbucaroff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete