Image Map

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spark Student Motivation Saturdays!

I am linking up with Joanne again for her Spark Student Motivation Saturday's Linky! This is a great linky idea....I love reading all of the ways other teachers motivate their students!


This week I wanted to share something I do on a weekly basis to try to motivate the students to get homework turned in, do well on tests, read AR books, etc. Each week I pick a different goal for the students but I don't tell them. Some weeks I choose no late assignments for the week, students who passed AR tests, 100% on spelling test, turned in weekly reading log,  or received an A on science, math, or social studie's test. Whatever goal I pick, I keep track of the students who meet this goal and put their name on a slip of paper. On Friday I choose one name and they get a special coupon. I have gone to various restaurants and asked if they would donate coupons and you would be surprised how many gave me tons of coupons! I have received coupons from Pizza Hut, DQ, Papa Murphys, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, Family Video, and I think there are more I just can't remember. The students are always excited to see if they are the weekly winner!

2 comments:

  1. I love the secrecy of your incentive! Great idea! I love keeping them guessing-then they're always on their toes!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never would have thought about asking restaurants for coupons! That is so neat! What a great way to motivate your students!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete